This post is part of the garage gym setup series.
If you need folding equipment for your gym it’s probably because you’re limited on space.
When it comes to folding gym equipment there are a lot of options from wall racks to benches and much more.
While not all equipment is collapsible, in this article we’ll explore some of the best options for foldable equipment that you can actually get your hands on.
Best Folding Garage Gym Equipment (Or Home Gym)
When it comes to foldaway gym equipment it’s often utilized in home and garage gyms rather than commercial gyms.
For this reason, our selection of equipment is focused on offering you not only the best bang for your buck, or just the best quality, but also the best picks for those who need functionality.
Rogue R-3W Fold Back Wall Gym Rack
This is one of the best folding wall-mounted racks out there and it’s our number 1 pick because it’s the best piece of manufactured hardware on the market.
The quality of the steel is as good as non-folding racks which is why this is our top pick. This makes it ideal for doing squats and overhead presses from the rack.
If you know much about rogue fitness then you know they’re the leading manufacturers of gym equipment. Manufactured in the good old U.S.A.
This is a big plus for safety and how much weight it can handle, but also…
When it comes to racks in general, you don’t want to buy twice…
This is especially true when it comes to folding racks as this is specialized equipment that’s bought for purpose.
This is ideal for strength training with its Westside hole spacing in the bench and rack pull area.
While it comes with a pull-up bar attachment you can generally order whatever other accessories you’d like as it’s compatible with Rogue’s Infinity Series line.
Unlike other options, this rack is available in two depths at 20.5″ and 40.5″ so that you can utilize your space for maximum efficiency.
It comes with a lifetime guarantee as well so it’s hard to argue with that.
Check it out on the Rogue site here.
Bowflex 5.1S SelectTech Adjustable Bench
The 5.1S Bench by Bowflex is our pick as one of the top folding benches for both form and function…
This bench is a classic FID Bench (Flat, Incline, Decline) and it also folds up and wheels away for ease of storage. This allows you to maximize space as not many heavy-duty FID benches offer this functionality due to the size and weight of them.
With a 600-pound load capacity, this is where the functionality comes in for most lifters.
The main complaints about this bench come in the form of people opting to remove the leg rests for various reasons. I would agree that it’s not really useful and it might be better to just skip this part when assembling it.
If you want a bench that is going to be easy to stow away, but will also support your lifting needs that is exactly what this does.
- The Bowflex 5.1S Stowable Bench is our top of the line weight bench
- 6 different adjustment angles for total versatility: 30°, 45°, 60° 90°, flat and decline (-20°)
- Folds up and wheels away for easy storage
- Comes standard with a removable leg hold down brace for added decline position support
- Built strong to last long with heavy duty commercial quality steel
MaxKare Folding Upright Exercise Bike
This is one of the best folding exercise bikes on the market and it’s our #1 pick.
This folding bike folds down to half its original size.
The folded height of the bike is 52.7″, the folded width is 18.5″ and the folded depth is 9.8″.
Moving the bike around is easy as it comes with wheels so you can effortlessly move it around your space.
With six levels of resistance, it offers good progression and with the magnetic resistance, it means you can exercise at speed without fear of breaking the bike.
Another plus side of the magnetic resistance is quiet workouts that won’t disturb anyone which can also be a plus.
The adjustable seat is more comfortable than most bikes and offers back support, holding up to 265lbs total which is ideal for most gym-goers.
All in all this bike is one of the better ones you’ll get that is easily storable.
- 【Strong and Durable Steel Frame 】- The 3 in 1 exercise bike made of thicker and higher quality steel, reaches 440lb of the bending strength, loading 300lbs of the maximum dynamic bearing, and suitable height from 4ft 11in to 6ft 3in. So, this exercise bike can Provide you with a better fitness platform.
- 【Advanced Tension Rope Design】 - The exercise bike with arm tension straps can meet your needs of whole-body exercise, increasing the muscle exercise of the back and the arm while exercising the legs, calories burned, and gives you a more scientific and efficient exercise.
- 【Comfortable Cushion and Backrest】 - The foldable exercise bike made of high-density sponges and ergonomically designed, supports your back and hands during your continuous exercise to make your exercise process more comfortable.
- 【Multi-Functional LCD Monitor】 - The indoor exercise bike can tracks your multiple sports data, including real-time heart rate, real-time speed, total mileage, time count and calories burned, making you better understand your own fitness status, and equipped with tablet phone bracket which could keep your exercise and relax simultaneously.
- 【FOLDING & EASY TO MOVE】The exercise bike can be folded to ½ the size for storage. With transportation wheels, easy to move the exercise to wherever you want.
LifeSpan TR3000i Touch Folding Treadmill
The TR3000i by LifeSpan is one of the best folding treadmills on the market. This treadmill is one of the highest-rated folding treadmills out there with consistently high scoring reviews.
Part of the reason it gets so much praise is the huge amount of settings and functionality that you can choose from.
If you’re a beginner to treadmills you can get started and won’t need to worry about running out of options later down the line.
With a touch screen display console and buttons for those who hate screens, it’s optimized to be easy to use for anyone.
With over 21 different in-built workouts it also has Bluetooth capabilities for data transfer which means it is compatible with Apple Health and Google Fit related apps.
The max user weight for this treadmill is 350lbs and it has 15 incline levels, a 2.75HP continuous motor to allow speeds of 0.5 – 12 MPH. Making this a serious piece of kit for any gym out there.
You might be wondering about how on earth you’ll be able to fold a treadmill that’s as well designed and heavy-duty as this?
Well, the answer is simple.
Hydraulic folding assistance helps assist in doing this for you. It then has a system there to completely support the weight of the treadmill during storage, folding and unfolding.
- Simple to use Touch Display with full-color Touchscreen Console. Displays 3 Different Dashboards. Still Includes Console Buttons for easy changes for speed and incline.
- Now with 38 Fitness-Inspiring Workouts and Built-In Bluetooth for Data Transfer. Compatible with Apple Health & Google Fit
- Quiet and lightweight manual fold for space saving and storable purposes in your office or home. Console tracks time, calories, distance, speed, and more.
- includes lifetime on frame and motor; 5 years on equipment parts; 1 year on labor.
The Final Rep
Equipment takes up a lot of space and not all equipment can be easily stored or folded…
So it’s a good idea to have folding gym equipment for your home or garage gym where you can…
Saving space on the items that you are able to gives you extra room to actually move and add more essential equipment to your gym.
Got some more folding gym equipment ideas? Don’t hesitate to get in touch and let us know.